No Way to Edit Vault Name

candlepop
candlepop
Community Member

There doesn't seem to be a way to edit a vault name from the Windows app (or it's very unintuitive; gave up after trying to figure it out for a while)

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:edit vault name deskotop app

Comments

• Hi @candlepop, you're correct - there's currently no way to edit an existing vault within 1Password 8 for Windows (you can, however, create new vaults from scratch).

If you need to edit a vault name, you can do so at 1Password.com by logging into your account. I hope this is helpful in the short term.

However, we also recognize that you're right: the ability to edit vault names within the app would be handy. For that reason, it's already on our developers' roadmap going forward (and I have added your request to that project as well). So we hope to bring this to you as soon as possible!

ref: dev/core/core#8356

• candlepop
    candlepop
    Community Member

Cool thanks

• Happy to help, @candlepop!

• Hi @candlepop, greetings once again. 👋 Guess what? You can now edit and delete vaults in the latest 1Password 8 Beta! Full details on this and a number of other recent improvements below:

https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/#1password-for-windows-8.7.0-41

And while this hasn't yet made it to the Production release of 1Password 8, these features should be on their way there, following our usual process of Beta-to-Production feature testing.

Thanks again for the valuable feedback, and we hope this will come as welcome news!

• candlepop
    candlepop
    Community Member

Thanks! I actually have stopped using the 1password app. It slows things down too much. The browser extension alone is really fast. When I also have the app installed, it takes 10+ seconds for ctrl-period to open the master password field. When I don't have the app installed, it's instantaneous

• Hi @candlepop, I'm sorry to hear that. 👀 The 1Password app should be quite responsive, so if you're having issues with that we'd be happy to investigate. If you'd like us to do so, feel free to send us a short message (with a link to this discussion) at support+windows@1Password.com, and the team will be happy to figure out what might be causing that. We want to make sure you have the best experience possible.

• candlepop
    candlepop
    Community Member

Thanks, done.

• Hi @candlepop! Just to let you know, we've received your email and will continue the conversation over there 😄
    ref: XEY-87223-927

This discussion has been closed.