iPad pro 5th gen with safari

Options
aunkster
aunkster
Community Member

I’m struggling but im new to this ,if i use an iPad Pro is there an extension for the browser on ipad? I wouldn’t think so but i thought I would ask because when i use my ipad the 1password app i downloaded will never pop up and ask me to save logins or create logins ,im not sure why but it wont ,,also should i still have iCloud Keychain on as an option ? Really need help thanks

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.5

Comments

• Hey @aunkster:

First, let's set up AutoFill on your iPad Pro:

1. On the Home screen of your iPad tap on the Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

If you have iCloud Keychain selected here, I'd suggest deselecting it so you’ll always know passwords are saved in 1Password, without any confusion.

Once AutoFill is setup, you can fill and save your passwords by following our support guide here: 1Password - Fill, save, and create passwords.

In addition to Password AutoFIll, you can fill and save your passwords using the Safari extension (requires iOS 15 or later). Here's a link to our support guide to learn more about the extension: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

Let me know if you have any questions. 😊

Alvin

• aunkster
    aunkster
    Community Member
    Options

Ok i have the extension now on my ipad and my iMac ,i also have an icon in the dock of my ipad and the doc of my iMac..also on my iMac there’s another tiny icon in my menu bar..all of these icons seem to want to open and different time and it looks as if the settings i have on the one in the doc says leave open for one hour but its always asking for a password as does the extension ,,do i need all three icons or can i just use the extension only?
    Also on my ipad extension when i click on settings it opens the safari browser to my start page and does not give me the option for any settings ..
    Thank you for all your help

This discussion has been closed.