Can I restrict URL ?

Options
Grishkaone
Grishkaone
Community Member

Hello there 😊

I'm using a NAS with my own domaine. Let's say it is domain.ltd.
On my NAS, I installed many services as subdomains : domain.ltd/aaa, domain.ltd/bbb, etc.

Each time I want to log in on the aaa service, 1Password offer to use the right login, but also every login linked to the domain.ltd url. Is there a way to restrict a particular login item to only one subdomain ?

Thanks, and have a nice day !

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hi @Grishkaone, thank you for sharing your use case with us here. This isn't currently possible (restricting by subdomain and so on), but we do have an open feature request for this with our development team. I have just added your comments here to that discussion, as well as tallied a vote for this feature on your behalf. πŸ‘

ref: IDEA-I-57

• Grishkaone
    Grishkaone
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @PeterG_1P !

• On behalf of Peter, you're very welcome @Grishkaone! πŸ˜€

Jack

• ThiefMaster
    ThiefMaster
    Community Member
    Options

Could this be please added? Similar usecase for me: I have one domain for my home networks, and typically any password I save there is used ONLY on that subdomain.

I recommend using the Public Suffix List, and adding an ("for advanced users") option to add additional domains that should be considered as if they were in the PSL. That way I could just add mynetwork.tld there and get the intended behavior.

• Hello @ThiefMaster, thanks for sharing your use case with us. I can see the utility this feature would provide for you in that situation. Thanks for the suggestion on how it might be implemented, as well.

This feature is definitely something we're interested in, and while I don't have any news to share on it at the moment, we are keeping careful track of the demand for this feature (it's clearly a popular one) and prioritizing accordingly. I have just added a vote for it on your behalf, as well.

Best regards from our team, and we hope that updates to come will delight you. πŸ™

This discussion has been closed.