Now that 8.0 has been released, does the Beta program for V8 continue??

Options
FogCityNative
FogCityNative
Community Member

Just a quick question. I receive all your excellent marketing and newsletters. Today I got Dave's e-mail about the official release of V8 of 1Password for Mac.

I'm in the beta program and on 8.8.0 so I just want to confirm that the V8 Beta program is continuing and we will be getting updates to test before they are released to the public. But my guess is that these will be incremental updates to V8 and not V9 or whatever follows V8. Mostly bug fixes to test as opposed to new features. If there is nothing amiss, they will quickly become updates to the public version. I haven't had the occasion to report anything about V8 Beta in a long time. It is very stable. When I get some time I'll watch the video and educate myself about all the new features in V8.

1Password Version: 8.8.0 Beta
Extension Version: 2.3.6 Beta
OS Version: 12.4 Release

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @FogCityNative , thanks for this question, and for the compliments on the newsletter! I'm happy to assist here. 👋

In short, the Beta channel will continue, as will its slightly-more-free-spirited sibling, Nightly. We appreciate the chance to roll out bug fixes quickly, introduce new features and test them, and generally make sure that there's a multi-stage path to Production. No current plans to change. 😃

I hope this is helpful - and it's great to know that Beta has been as stable for you as it is for us! Thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.