1Password for Safari Extension no longer showing in Safari Extensions

Options
sriggins
sriggins
Community Member

hi! I've been having weird Safari Extension issues. I no longer have 1Password 7 on my Mac, only 1Password 8. I have 1Password for Safari installed, and it was working, but would fail to do anything from time to time. I realized that I also had the Safari Technology Preview installed, so I deleted that app as I wasn't using it.

Now, 1Password for Safari is missing in Safari Extensions.

I can open 1Password for Safari.app and clicking "Open Safari Preferences" does nothing.

If I open Safari prefs and go to the Extensions tab, the extension is not showing as installed. I have rebooted my Mac as well. I have deleted 1Password for Safari, emptied trash, and re-downloaded it from the Mac App store.

Safari Version 15.4 (17613.1.17.1.13)

1Password Version: 80700041, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.3.1
OS Version: 12.3.1 (21E258)

Comments

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

Well I fixed it! I tried a new user, and the extension showed up fine. I surmised that something was amiss with my launch services database, so I reset that database and now the extension is showing up properly.

• Hey @sriggins:

Glad to hear you caught on to the problem! This is something we're investigating, and have let our friends at Apple know about, but in the meantime, quitting all browsers, then running the terminal command below is going to be your best bet.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app

Thanks for reaching out, and do get in touch if there's anything else you need in the future! 😀

Jack

• DHK
    DHK
    Community Member
    Options

I also had that problem and the terminal command worked great. Thanks!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@DHK

On behalf of Jack, I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue using his instructions. 😊

This discussion has been closed.