I have 1Password 6.8.9 and have been using it for years.. I love it and have zero problems with it

Options
panahead
panahead
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have been using 1Password for many years and I have zero problems with it.. I love the app and have no desire to change and am very comfortable with the way it works for me... My version is 6.8.9 and I use it on Apple computers and iPhones... Seeing as I bought it out right… I don't want to go to a yearly payment plan… My question is regarding security and updates… Is my version still secure?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

As a security-focused company, we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. There is no guarantee that it (6) will work at any point in the future. 1Password 6 has not received updates in several years. I would highly encourage you to update to 1Password 8. With you indicating you're using 12.4 this step will carry you into the future. You'll also be entitled to the latest and greatest updates as long as you remain a member.

I would suggest talking to my colleagues in the email support team. They'll be able to see if discounts are available to you. Please use support+tradein@1password.com The email costs you nothing to find out more.

• panahead
    panahead
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply... I completely understand that you would want everyone to use the latest version of your software ... I get it... I am not so concerned about a guaranty that my version continues to work with newer Mac OS in the future.. I can deal with that if it happens... I am most concerned that my version is secure against hacks.. In a nutshell is my version 6.8.9 secure against outside hacks?

• panahead
    panahead
    Community Member
    Options

How can I phrase my question better? Does my version 6.8.9 share the same encryption to it's vault as version 8?

This discussion has been closed.