iOS LCBO App Autofill

Options
ings
ings
Community Member
edited May 2022 in iOS

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to report this ...

I'm running iOS 15.5 and the most recent 1PW release. The (Ontario) LCBO app login screen neither allows pasting in passwords, nor supports 1Password autofill. Kind of painful and error prone when all your passwords are >= 16 random characters!

Anything you can do about this, or is on the LCBO developers? Thanks.

Dave Ings

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @ings! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling your login information into the LCBO app. I can confirm that I see the same behaviour on my end, it looks like the LCBO app is using fields that Password AutoFill isn't detecting as username/password fields. And copy/pasting does indeed appear to be disabled in those fields. On iOS it's not 1Password filling your login information into other apps but iOS Password AutoFill and I would suggest reporting the issue to the developer of the LCBO app so that they can see why Password AutoFill is not working in their app.

You can still fill your login information into the LCBO app from 1Password by using the new drag and drop feature: Use 1Password to fill in other apps

Let me know if that helps. 😊

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P for the supper prompt response! I knew the 1PW team would reply quickly!

iOS 1Password support is so good I've never needed to try drag and drop for login - thanks for the suggestion. I did try it, but unfortunately even though the green plus symbol shows over the LCBO app id/pw fields, the drop fails. Perhaps related to the lack of paste support.

I'll head over to the app store and post a comment for the LCBO app developers! Thanks again.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@ings

I'm sorry to hear that drag and drop didn't work for you, I just tried it again and it appears to be working on my end although I don't have a LCBO account to confirm that I can log in after dragging and dropping my fake credentials. It may be worth trying one more time. That being said, hopefully this is something that can be fixed in the future, thank you for reporting the issue to the app developer. 😊

This discussion has been closed.