the 1Password7 extension for Chrome won't save to my vault

Options

I've had 1Password for years and have had my vault in icloud for YEARS.
I was forced to open an account and a vault with 1 Password now, not wanting it but was given no choice - however i do *not want to save my data with you - i want to keep my icloud vault.
the mac app shows both vaults - the icloud and the one at the 1password server - however, the extension only shows the 1password vault and won't let me add the icloud one.
i bought 1Password because it was simple, and it knew its place - it ran in the background and only did what it was told.
it's become a mcafee beet soup now
I don't want an account. i don't want to have to spend hours figuring out an extension that was working fine until a month ago.
I JUST WANT TO USE THE CHROME EXTENSION AND SAVE MY PASSWORDS TO MY ICLOUD VAULT.

any help?

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 47509
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @mccosha, thanks for your support over the years. We sincerely appreciate it!

Our newest extension is a standalone tool and because of that, it requires an account for use. It only works with account vaults and cannot connect with local vaults (such as those that sync with Dropbox or iCloud).

If you have an account, the best option is to save your data to that account. In an account, your data is still completely protected. Your data is secured with end to end encryption - even those of us in Support cannot access it. Here's more about 1Password's security model: https://support.1password.com/1password-security/

With that in mind, if you wish to keep your data in a local vault, you can definitely do so. However, the only option at that point is to use our classic extension. Please note that the classic extension is no longer receiving updates, and it may not work as well as time passes.

Here's how to get the classic extension if you do not already have it: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

Let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.