Feedback on 1Password v8

Options
2»

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

@feat_ford the english ui at least uses two different words - search and find. The German translation uses exactly the same word (‘Suchen’) for both.

• Ben
    Options

Perhaps 'filter' would be a better word than 'find'? 🤔

Ben

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I would never have thought that "search" and "find" were different things;

I agree, and it's confusing. These two words are circuitously defined, and in common language usage, indistinguishable. You generally Search for something in order to Find it.

Find has traditionally been used with very specific user-provided search terms. Search is fuzzier, assuming more system omniscience. But any such subtleties seem lost in common language.

• Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you all know about some improvements to searching in today's nightly (80901013) that you all might like:

Let me know how you get on with it!

Jack

• Hi folks 👋

We have an update for you!

In the latest Nightly version of 1Password 8 (80901013), we have added some improved substring search functionality we thought you might appreciate. We'd love to have your impressions if you decide to check it out - otherwise, with some more testing, this should be making its way into Beta in any case.

Thank you, and best regards!

• jwessler
    jwessler
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P HOLY COW!!! I was using 1Password today and just randomly gave it another shot to search for 529 and lo and behold my two 529 accounts came up with the substring search!!! I guess I don't have notifications turned on because I never saw your reply about the Nightly build...so I had to wait until it came out in the regular release.

BUT, I'm THRILLED!! Thanks so much for making this change. It's a HUGE help!

Happy Thanks giving to you and the 1 Password team!

• jms_1p
    jms_1p
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 1Password for Mac v8.9.10-9 because it includes the ability to configure a default vault (👏👏👏). Unfortunately today will editing an entry I found a very odd behavior that surely must be a bug.

I was attempting to shorten the Title of an item and I tried to copy a portion so that the portion could be pasted as the new value. Unfortunately that didn't work because the app does allow selected text to be copied.

• @jwessler thank you for this! It's wonderful to know that this has made such a positive difference to your workflow. 😄 We appreciate you letting us know about your experience, both when improvements are welcome as well as when you feel we can still improve.

Again, thanks for taking the time - and a happy holiday to you too!

• PeterG_1P
    edited November 2022
    Options

@jms_1p thank you kindly for the default-vault kudos! We appreciate it.

I was able to replicate the behavior you described with the item title on 8.9.10-9 as well. I'll follow up on this internally for you. Thank you for pointing this out! 🙏

ref: dev/core/core#17651

This discussion has been closed.