Scan QR Code for OTP Fails - Synology

Options
HFTobeason
HFTobeason
Community Member

I edit a login entry from within the 1P application. I add an OTP field. I click the QR code icon. I get an error: "QR code detection failed." Note that there is an active QR code displayed in Safari. As I recall, I used to get a giant scan cursor when I did this. I'm not seeing anything happen now.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 80800021, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.4 Beta (21F5071b)

Comments

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, this doesn't work in 1P for Safari either.

• bwlaing
    bwlaing
    Community Member
    Options

I have correct code but 1password does not recognize the QR code via the screen. I have two monitors so possibly that is the issue. I was able to take a screenshot and 1password recognized it from the clipboard. Not ideal but at least it was a work around.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@bwlaing

This is a known issue with Synology. The team is investigating. I'll get you added to those that experience this behavior. I'm afraid I do not have a workaround. If they provided a code that could be copied and entered directly would likely help. The last time I checked, they did not offer that option.

ref: dev/core/core#10615

• flotu
    flotu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    i run in the same issue. I have a solution:
    That is just the QR-Code for the Synology OTP App. You have to click "Next" to get the OTP Auth Code.

--
    Florian

• Thank you Florian. I've added that useful information to our internal tracker.

ref: dev/core/core#10615

This discussion has been closed.