Missing categories and password history

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Feedback on 1Password v8.

Comments

• jp3456
    jp3456
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I have been using v8 for a while on my mac and i have really come to dislike not having the categories showing on the left. there is plenty of room there and it saves me several clicks when it is easily available.
    Also today for the first time i had to do a "forgot password" and 1pass suggested a new password and when i went to click on that box to add the user name it disappeared. However my password did get changed but not recorded and 1pass now has no idea that it ever suggested a password so i have to change it again (same thing happened) and i am on my third try because 1pass wont save the password that it has recommended. very frustrating.
    The previous version would show a list of all generated passwords, is this no longer available?

• rob
    Options

i have really come to dislike not having the categories showing on the left

Hey, @jp3456. In Preferences, select the Appearance tab and enable Categories under "Always Show in Sidebar".

The previous version would show a list of all generated passwords, is this no longer available?

Yes, the password generator itself does have a history list. In 1Password in your browser, click the menu next to "New Item" and select Password Generator:

Then "Password Generator History":

• jp3456
    jp3456
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

rob, thank you very much for the help! I do find it a little strange that the password generator history is not available in the actual app but only in the browser extension. I was used to it being in the app but now that i know where it is hopefully i will not have the problem again.

• rob
    Options

You're welcome! I'm sorry it wasn't super discoverable. I think it probably makes sense to bring it back to the main app, and I've passed a note to that effect on to the team.

ref: dev/core/core#15640

This discussion has been closed.