Fastmail masked email creation in 1password extension

Options
mrbeign
mrbeign
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there. I just signed up for Fastmail and it's got some great features. The 1Password integration is really nice too.

One small cosmetic inconsistency I found. When I use the 1password app to add a field and select email for the field type, by default it names the field "Email" (the "e" is capitalized).
When using the browser plugin to create a Fastmail masked email, the email field it creates in the 1password entry by default is named "email". The "e" is lowercase.

Just thought I'd point that out.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• mrbeign
    mrbeign
    Community Member
    Options

One other issue I'm having is that sometimes when I go to change the email on a site and want to use a masked email, the 1Password extension won't give the option to create a masked email. On some sites it will, but on other sites it won't. Should I be reporting the sites where the extension won't give the option?

• Hi @mrbeign:

Thanks for asking! If you're able to share the sites where you're running into trouble with being offered a Masked Email, I can investigate a bit further.

Jack

• mrbeign
    mrbeign
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Jack.P_1P,

A couple of the sites where this is happening are shoprunner.com and gamestop.com. I log into the sites, go to the account sections where the email can be changed.

• Hey @mrbeign:

Thanks for sharing those URLs, and I was able to replicate this issue on both, so I've filed issues with our development team so hopefully we can have this smoothed out in the future. Thanks again for letting us know!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#13333
    ref: dev/core/core#13334

• glecko
    glecko
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this issue is still open but I'm having this issue with masked email not being asked for this URL below. Thanks!

https://dm-mailinglist.com

• Hi @glecko:

Thanks for sharing. We're continuing to explore additional ways of surfacing creating Masked Emails, so thanks for your feedback!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.