I have duplicate entries for the same sites and dont know why this happens and/or how to resolve

Options
richardnml
richardnml
Community Member

I have duplicate entries for the same sites and dont know why this happens and/or how to resolve the duplicates I have and avoid having duplicates int the future

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to manage dupl;icates

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello @richardnml, thank you for this question - and I'm sorry to learn of the duplicate issue.

There are a couple common ways this might occur, so here's a few questions to help us provide the best possible advice.

• Did these duplicates occur all at once, after an upgrade to the app? Or do they seem to have accumulated gradually over time?
    • Do you have a standalone vault (or have you ever had one?).

How to best handle the duplicates, now that they exist, will depend on why they're being created (and we'd love to get this issue fixed for you and avoid having duplicates in the future, as you said).

I should say that we have also created a request for a Duplicate Detective feature with our development team, which would help sort out these issues more easily in the future, and I'd be happy to add a vote on your behalf if that's something you'd like us to implement.

Thanks, and I'll look forward to learning more about this, and helping find the straightest path to a solution. 👋

This discussion has been closed.