Any Ideas For Fixing A Keyboard Shortcut Issue?

Options

I can't get the keyboard shortcut for "Lock 1Password" to work on my Mac. I've tried almost everything, including re-installing, waiting for an update, changing the keyboard shortcut settings for the app, different key combinations, app permissions in "Security & Privacy" OS settings, etc. All the other custom keyboard commands work as expected, but the "Lock 1Password" only works if the app is open and in focus.

To the best of my knowledge, the problem started a while back. I was adjusting the keyboard shortcut settings of the 1Password browser extension(s) so they could match the main app's. I did it in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, but since then, I've long disabled and changed the keyboard settings in all of those browsers.

I'm stumped!

1Password Version: Latest Beta - 8.8.x
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.x

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @nimvio, thank you for this question, and my apologies about the delay in reply.

You mentioned:

All the other custom keyboard commands work as expected, but the "Lock 1Password" only works if the app is open and in focus.

and that

To the best of my knowledge, the problem started a while back. I was adjusting the keyboard shortcut settings of the 1Password browser extension(s) so they could match the main app's.

Just to make sure I have the right data points, could you let me know what shortcut (key combination) you're currently using for the lock action?

Also, knowing what region your keyboard layout uses may be helpful.

We've been tracking down some issues regarding shortcuts, so I'll be happy to dig in on this and see what we can figure out. Thank you!

ref: dev/core/core#9365

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, @PeterG_1P , thank you for the reply. The keyboard shortcut I set for "Lock 1Password" is Option + L, but I've tried countless other kinds of combinations. As for the keyboard layout, I also checked that out, but my current setting is "U.S." in macOS 12.x.x settings.

• Hi @nimvio:

Thanks for following up. Just to clarify, as it currently stands, Lock 1Password isn't a global shortcut, and as such will only apply when 1Password is in focus. If you'd like to lock 1Password while you're actively using another app, you can use the menu bar to lock 1Password.

Jack

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, wow. It didn’t used to be that way, @Jack.P_1P . Thank you for the reply. I hope this comes back in a future update!

• Thank you @nimvio, we appreciate the feedback as ever!

This discussion has been closed.