What happened to standalone vaults?

df1
df1
Community Member

Since a few updates back that I have completely lost the ability to create new standalone vaults on the app. And when configuring the extension on new browsers, I'm also not able to access my current stand alone vault.

Is 1p phasing out standalone vault?

1Password Version: Version 7.9.4 (70904002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Yes. They are gone in 1PW8. 1Password is a subscription-only service now moving forward.

• Hi @df1

As wavesound mentioned standalone vaults won't be part of 1Password moving forward. One of our founders, Dave, wrote an extensive explanation on this decision. You can find that post here:

The future of local/standalone vaults

If you have vaults that you need to migrate you can find instructions for doing so (using 1Password 7) on our support site:

Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mikeab
    mikeab
    Community Member

I can understand why this works for the company, but standalone vaults are a hard requirement here.
    I need standalone vaults precisely because they are not replicated to all my devices.
    I must store my work accounts in a vault that is stored on company resources, not mine.
    When I leave the company, my access disappears along with the vault itself.
    I'm sure there are creative ways around this, but the passwords aren't mine and the company doesn't use 1password.
    Guess I'm just hanging out on V7 for as long as it stays supported

This discussion has been closed.