1password 8 Opera browser extension

Options

How do I enable an extension for 1Password 8 in my Opera browser. It was working fine with previous version 7.9 but no longer after upgrade. All other browsers required removing old and installing new extensions, however which extension do I use for Opera?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 8 opera browser extention

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @evertb! I'd like to ask a few questions to better understand what is happening:

• What version of Opera do you have?
    • Which of our extensions do you have installed in Opera?
    • What steps are you taking to use 1Password in Opera?
    • Are you running into an unexpected behavior or error message?

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon!

• evertb
    evertb
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi,
    Opera - Latest version. 84.0.4316.42.
    Extension - 4.7.5.90
    I right click, Upon selecting it by right clicking the extension launches the 1password extension helper without results or improvement.
    No unexpected behavior other than it does not work with 1Password 8 installed today. All the other browsers I needed to reinstall the extension from the link provided in 1Password 8 as they behaved the same when using the prior extension. however the site doesn't show an extension listed for Opera now.

UPDATE:
    OK, I just solved it by installing the google extension and disabling the previous one and it appears to be working like the other browsers now. Would be great if your extension site could mention that as a solution for Opera so people don't need to spend the time looking for an answer and guessing.

Thank you and have a good evening.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @evertb I'm glad to hear that you were able to move off of the classic extension and that the new extension is working well in Opera. I'll pass along your feedback to our team. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need help. Have a great day.

• penawjs
    penawjs
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P.

The 1Password extension for the Opera browser works perfectly, except that even if you unlock 1Password on the desktop, the extension is still blocked in the Opera browser, something that doesn't happen in the Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox browsers.

The versions:
    macOS Monterey 12.4 (Build 21F79) 12.4.0 x86_64
    Opera 87.0.4390.25 (x86_64)
    1Password for Mac 8.7.0 80700098 Production channel
    1Password extension 2.3.4

Below is what I found inspecting the extension with DevTools:

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @penawjs! Opera isn't a browser that we officially support and because of that the extension/app integration feature does not work in it. You can still use the extension in Opera, but you would have to unlock the extension separately from the app, as it is an independent tool.

Our developers are aware of this limitation, and there is a feature request to get the extension/app integration feature working for Opera. Hopefully this is something that can be added in the future.

If you like the extension/app integration, my best recommendation is to use 1Password in a browser that we officially support, like Chrome, Brave, or Firefox. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I do hope I've been able to provide insight into what's happening. Let us know if you have any other questions!

ref: dev/core/core#7970

• penawjs
    penawjs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P.
    I'm going to try migrating from Opera to Brave to see if it meets my expectations.

Thank you for the informations.

• Hey @penawjs:

On behalf of Joy, you're very welcome. Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with in the future!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.