1Password browser plugin all of a sudden stopped working in Firefox Nightly. Using 1Password8.

Options

I upgraded to 1Password8 as soon as it became available and the browser plugin in Firefox Nightly kept on working,. Just today it stopped working all of a sudden.
Anybody else experiencing this issue or have a solution / workaround. I can use QuickAccess of course but that's not nearly as fast or handy as the plugin 'autofill' feature.

Kind regards,
Eric.

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (Mac)
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: MacOS 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:Firefow Nightly Browser plugin stopped working

Comments

• Showfom
    Showfom
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here on Linux.

Firefox Nightly: 102.0a1 (2022-05-20) (64-bit)
    1Password: 8.7.0

I also tested on Windows 11 but there's no problem with latest Firefox Nightly.

• mdaniel
    mdaniel
    Community Member
    Options

Is your firefox nightly directory and files owned by root, or by your userid? If you see Failed to verify in $HOME/.config/1Password/logs/BrowserSupport/1Password_rCURRENT.log then that's the problem

• Hey @ericvs1962 / @Showfom:

Thanks for reporting this. It looks like there was a recent change to Content Security Policy in Firefox Nightly. We're taking a look at what changes need to be made to 1Password in the browser to resolve this issue, but in the meantime, this workaround should get it up and running again.

Open Firefox and navigate to about:config > Search for security.csp.wasm-unsafe-eval.enabled > Switch it off > Restart Firefox and try again.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• ericvs1962
    ericvs1962
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses/feedback.

@Jack.P_1P , I followed your advise and that does fix it indeed. For the time being until your team has a solution I'll leave this security setting disabled.
    Thank you for your quick response.

Have a nice weekend!

Kind regards,

Eric

• Showfom
    Showfom
    Community Member
    Options

It works after disable security.csp.wasm-unsafe-eval.enabled

• Gioxx
    Gioxx
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here, I have adopted the workaround and now 1Password addon works well. I hope I can turn back the about:config modification soon.
    Thanks!

• ericvs1962
    ericvs1962
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

According to the release notes, the fix is available in version 2.3.7 (https://releases.1password.com/b5x/beta/#1password-in-the-browser-2.3.7), but there's no update available through Firefox Nightly add-ons yet.

Kind regards,

Eric

• ag_tommy
    Options

@ericvs1962

It looks like 2.3.7 is still in our beta channel. Hopefully, soon it'll be available. If you're looking to join the beta you can download using the appropriate link here. 🙂

FAQ: Grab the latest 1Password in the browser beta! — 1Password Support Community

• ericvs1962
    ericvs1962
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_tommy ,

Thanks for your message, I just enabled the security setting again, after installing the beta version. Restarted Firefox Nightly and can confirm that everything seems to be running smooth again.

Thanks for all the support 1Password team!

Kind regards,

Eric

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

I'm glad to hear things are on the mend. Sorry for that bit of trouble. Let us know if things change, as we'll be keeping an eye on the beta.

This discussion has been closed.