Beta #16 of 2022 is now available 🥂🍾

Options

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday, and happy new beta!

We've been busy for the last few months getting getting the Mac Release to stable quality, but even with that focus we are still moving forward with new features and bug fixes! This week is no different than any other, and we have a new release jam-packed with updates. For instance!

• Context menu options and keyboard shortcuts now dynamically adjust based on the currently selected item or by what’s being shown in the app.
  • The app now displays dates in the format you’ve chosen in your operating system’s settings.

the updated date picker dialog on Linux with locale de_DE.UTF-8

You can find a full set of changes in our release notes for macOS, Windows, and Linux. Or, select the What’s New item from the feedback menu within the app.

As always, thank you so much for participating in the early access release and helping us to improve 1Password. We couldn't have gotten this far without you and the releases are so much better as a direct result of you. Thank you! 🙏🏻🤗

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

The app now displays dates in the format you’ve chosen in your operating system’s settings.

Not for me:

macOS 8.8.0-12 (NIGHTLY 80800012)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @snozdop,

Good catch! We only changed it for the dates field but haven't taken the step to localize the other timestamps such as the modified/created timestamps at the bottom of the details view and also in the item list.

I'll file a bug report for us to fix that in a future update.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not able to get this beta build. I was in the beta channel and got the latest production build.

There is no beta build 8.8.0-11 for me. 🤔

Just downloaded the latest beta build from here:
    https://downloads.1password.com/win/1PasswordSetup-latest.BETA.exe

When trying to install, there was a message popping up that there is a newer build installed. So I removed 1Password 8 for Windows manually. Then installed the downloaded beta build.

And again it updated to the latest production build. Now there is no new beta build available.

What's wrong?

• frecon36
    frecon36
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @frecon36 !

Good to know that I'm not the only one. Thanks! 👍

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member
    Options

Same Issue here also

• Fedup
    Fedup
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Have a Family account but noticed my account shows Production on the About screen yet under Advanced I am still in beta build in the pulldown

• brutos
    brutos
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same issue. on Beta channel but showing production,

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi folks! Thank you for letting us know of this issue. I have informed the engineering team, who will look into it from here. We'll get this fixed up! 🚀

ref: dev/core/core#15215

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @PeterG_1P !

What ever you did, it worked. Actually, I'm on the new 8.8.0-21 Beta. It were automatically installed. 👍

• Fedup
    Fedup
    Community Member
    Options

Same here 1Password got an update and now on the beta here as well

• Hi @denalb and @Fedup - that's great! Thanks for confirming that the issue is sorted. Welcome back to the Beta channel proper! 😎

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Again in this beta category names are in English in the German version of 1Password 8. 🤔

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for flagging @DenalB. I've let the team know about this regression.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#13744

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Localizations are looking a lot better now, but there are still some French localization integration issues in 80800102.
    • "Conflicts" in an item details doesn't show up as localized (but it is in Crowdin).
    • The About section in the Preferences is not using the strings from Crowdin for Search for updates (and the app is therefore not homogeneously using the same terms).

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Localizations are looking a lot better now

But still not for the German beta build 8.8.0-94. 😉

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @DenalB,

It should be fixed in the next beta build next week. It is now fixed in the latest nightly build (8.8.0-105), which also came with new languages (Korean/Japanese) and updated translations as well.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cortig,

Thanks for reporting the issues.

• "Conflicts" in an item details doesn't show up as localized (but it is in Crowdin).

I can confirm that and file a report to see if we can translate it on the fly.

ref: dev/core/core#15467

• The About section in the Preferences is not using the strings from Crowdin for Search for updates (and the app is therefore not homogeneously using the same terms).

Can you confirm it is still an issue in the latest nightly build (8.8.0-105) as we just pulled in the latest translations from Crowdin.

If not, can you give us the specific string that is not correct and what it should be and I'll pass it on to our translators.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

@MikeT

I can confirm that and file a report to see if we can translate it on the fly.

You know I’m the one localizing most of these strings in French on Crowdin, right? ;-)
    The string is already properly up to date there.

As for the About section I checked in 8.8.0-105 and it’s still the same. I’m not sure where the string is being pulled from, but as I was saying, the phrasing there is nowhere to be found on Crowdin.

Corentin

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cortig,

You know I’m the one localizing most of these strings in French on Crowdin, right? ;-)

I did not, we don't have any interconnections between all the systems for various reasons; so I try not to make any assumptions here.

I’m not sure where the string is being pulled from, but as I was saying, the phrasing there is nowhere to be found on Crowdin.

I'll pass it on the localization team to see what they can find out. I currently do not have access to that project at the moment.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Beautiful @MikeT! Thanks for your assistance with this!

Corentin

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cortig,

It's in the En-Us.po source file in the 1Password Core project.

I just got access and you're not on the list for the project, so that may be why you're not seeing it.

The Crowdin project is closed to a human-translation service we're using to translate the strings.

Would you like to help with this project as well? I can pass your existing account to our team to add.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT I'm super confused
    All translations have always been on Crowdin for me and new strings pop-up on there on a regular basis (last update 18 hours ago). Crowdin uses software translation for suggestions and localization memory, but humans remain behind every string selecting the proper suggestion when it exists, and inputing their own when it doesn't.
    If new strings are on a different resource now I wish I had been told… Are you sure the .po files translations are not being pulled from Crowdin?? Crowdin can import and export to/from .po files.
    There is nothing there indicating that the project has become obsolete. And according to the page @roustem is still the owner of the projects and actively updating it.

Since I've been localizing and approving over 22K words (Mac, iOS and Android) there over the years, I'd love to be “migrated” to whatever newer platform you might have been using recently.

Corentin

• gfox
    gfox
    Community Member
    Options

I recently started using the beta, and there is a huge regression from version 7 that really hampers my use of 1Password.

I'm a software developed and I have access to number of systems that are on sub-domains. I have 1pw logins for them, and in version 7 everything was great command+/ and the expected password suggestion would popup for the sub-domain I was on.

On the betas I've used, including 80800094, when I try to fill in a password ALL of them are presented as suggestions.
    www.domain.com
    sub1.domain.com
    sub2.domain.com
    sub3.domain.com

It's really frustrating to then have to scroll up and down to figure out which one to use. I'm hoping this will be fixed in the near future.

• roustem
    Options

@gfox do you know if anything changed in the Mozilla Public Suffix List (publicsuffix.org) for this domain recently? This is what 1Password is using to show the logins for a domain.

• MikeT
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @cortig,

We're still using Crowdin but we're not using the same project between the previous 1Password versions (7 and older) and 1Password 8, they're entirely different apps with a different approach to how we handle strings and translations (it's now reused between all desktop platforms (macOS, Windows, and Linux), thus we're not reusing the older projects. We're still updating 1Password 7, thus why you're still seeing changes in your Crowdin projects.

The 1Password 8 project is currently closed to the public as we're currently working with a different company to provide translations for us.

I'll pass on your info to our localization team, thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cortig,

Just an update, they'll set up your access soon. You should get an email when they do.

• gfox
    gfox
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem I'm noticing this as a huge difference between 7 and 8. 7 did the right thing, and 8 shows way too many results. This applies to work related domains, but also sites like Amazon. When logging into the AWS control panel at https://us-east-1.signin.aws.amazon.com I am presented those options, but also options for my personal consumer account which has http://www.amazon.com as the website.

As far as I know, the work domains have not changed though.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT That explains it then…

• hvarun87
    hvarun87
    Community Member
    Options

The latest build is looking good. it would be nice to have an option to scan for adding new devices in settings.. currently wasn't able to find it and this created a little friction in setting up a new device.. had to scan from the iOS App to get things going.

This discussion has been closed.