Newly generated password not saved

Options
jtamboli
jtamboli
Community Member

On two occasions I’ve had the 1Password extension in Safari offer to fill a suggested password on a form (either registration or changing a password), and then it doesn’t save the new password anywhere as far as I can tell. In one case the form was automatically submitted, so I never had a chance to ensure it was saved before continuing. I had this happen on 1password.community’s registration page a moment ago, but now I can’t reproduce it in a Private browsing window. When I tried to reproduce it, 1Password correctly prompted me to save the new password.

If I see the problem again, is there any useful information I can capture? Are the generated passwords saved anywhere?

1Password Version: 80800019
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:save new password

Comments

• Ricky_1P
    Options

Hello @jtamboli

I'm sorry this has happened to you, if this happens in the future please do send a diagnostic report it might have some information in there that could indicate what happened.

In the meantime I have created an internal ticket describing this issue and will try to reproduce as well.

ref: dev/core/core#15462

• ag_jarek
    Options

Hey @jtamboli! Whenever a password is generated by the extension it gets saved into the password generator history. You can access this by going to the password generator and expanding the disclosure at the bottom:

Which will bring you to this screen:

Here you'll be able to see all passwords generated in the extension.

This discussion has been closed.