To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

As a Canadian, does it matter if I use the US .com site?

Gord_O
Gord_O
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Memberships

The only downside I can see is that I will have to pay the US currency exchange.
1Password always has promotions on the US side and I don't see them on the Canadian side.
With the current 50% off promo I would still be ahead with pricing.
I couldn't find any "fine print" on the promo as to expiry and limitations for existing customers.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: .70
OS Version: Windows 10 21H2

Comments

• Hey @Gord_O

I'd be happy to help.

does it matter

Yes, it does matter, but we don't force anyone to choose one over the other. Folks are welcome to use whichever region works best for them. Most use 1Password.com by default.

1Password in your region

The promotion in question is valid for 1 year on new 1Password.com memberships.

Ben

• Gord_O
    Gord_O
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply. The default on searches is always the US site unless we specify 1Password Canada.
    I love the software, but I have raised this issue of discounts on the US site before and find how you handle it disappointing.
    The lack of details on the offers is concerning as well.

Currently a Canadian customer, so if I move to the US site would I be a "new" customer?

Gord

• @Gord_O

I appreciate the feedback, and will share it with our marketing team. Migrating from 1Password.ca to 1Password.com would involve creating a new membership, yes. If you'd like some help doing that I'd encourage you to reach out to our membership team via email at support@1password.com and mention that you're looking to migrate from 1Password.ca to 1Password.com.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Gord_O
    Gord_O
    Community Member

Ben,

Thanks, I will do that.

Gord

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.