No item counts in 1Password 8

cliff_brown
cliff_brown
Community Member

Why does 1Password 8 not show item counts against each Category / Vault etc like 1Password 7 did? Seems silly to have removed such a useful feature!

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: All
Referrer: forum-search:Why does 1Password 8 not show item counts against each Category / Vault etc like 1Password 7 did?

Comments

• Hi @cliff_brown

Item counts are available in two places:

1. The sort selector at the top of the item list:
    2. At the bottom of the item list:

I hope that helps!

Ben

• cliff_brown
    cliff_brown
    Community Member

No, that doesn't help - it is no replacement for how it used to be in version 7. You shouldn't remove features like that, you can make them optional perhaps, but just taking something away for no good reason is not sensible or acceptable. Please bring it back ASAP!!!

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts, @cliff_brown. 1Password 8 is an entirely new app, built from the ground up. Things are going to be different. That said, we appreciate the feedback. I'll pass the message along to the design team.

Ben

• cliff_brown
    cliff_brown
    Community Member

Thank you

• You're very welcome. Happy to do so.

Ben

• dvmierlo
    dvmierlo
    Community Member

@Ben When you say "1Password 8 is an entirely new app, built from the ground up" I do hope that the 1Password development team has looked at all the good and useful features of 1Password 7 and bring them over to 1Password 8!? An entirely new app does not mean to forget the old one. It's the little things like this that makes a good app excellent.

• martinpk
    martinpk
    Community Member

Please add my vote to reinstate the option to display items counts for Categories, Vaults and Tags in the sidebar.

I appreciate the desire to keep the UI as clean and simple as possible, but for users with significant numbers of items, item counts that are visible at a glance on all devices (and not at the end of a list or in a dropdown menu for one context at a time) have been useful on numerous occasions for me. The absence of item counts makes verification harder for certain cases.

Thanks for your excellent work on 1Password 8.

• @martinpk

Thanks for sharing your use case. I appreciate it. I'll get those details passed on to the team.

ref: IDEA-I-797

• martinpk
    martinpk
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_tommy - just to clarify, I mean an option for showing item counts in the sidebar for each Category, each Vault and each Tag.

• just to clarify, I mean an option for showing item counts in the sidebar for each Category, each Vault and each Tag.

Got it! Thanks for clarifying. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.