v7 -> v8 removed feature list?

Options

Is there a list of features that were removed so I'm not surprised each time I find one?

How does one participate in whatever surveys there might be for such feature removal in the future?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wagnerone

1Password 8 is a new app, built entirely from the ground up. It isn't an "update" to 1Password 7. Participating in our beta program and this forum is the best way to stay on top of what's coming and provide feedback.

Ben

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Thanks. I understand and appreciate that, but, from a practical, end-user point of view, where the name of the app remains the same and the version is incremented, this is irrelevant. I don't care that it's rewritten or what language is used as long as it works.

I will say my 1Password pom-poms, which I've waved tirelessly over the years to countless people feel a little limp at this point, which is dismaying as a staunch 1Password defender and advocate.

With that, I will stop with the lamenting of "removed features" and move forward.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @wagnerone. I understand. I would say though that all of the core functionality is there, and while things may've moved around or changed a bit it is likely there is a way to accomplish whatever it is that you're trying to do. If there isn't, I'll be happy to advocate for that to the product team. I realize it is taboo to answer a question with a question, but... what are you trying to do that you haven't been able to with 1Password 8?

Ben

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Sorry, @Ben - I dumbly assumed you can keep up with all the traffic on this forum and were following my other posts on the topic. You've all got to be swamped with a major change like this (witnessed, in fact, by all the posts and discussions). :)

Here is what I'm tracking (and have bemoaned in various posts) so far as things that are not available in v8. All of which, to myself and my team are important features we've long used in our workflows.

• default save vault selection - was slightly embarrassed in a online business meeting recently when one of my personal records was visible because it didn't save into my personal/family private vault by default as it always had before
    • sidebar item counts - we used these for a variety of "off the cuff", visual calculations of vault use, etc. folder item count is a basic expectation anymore. to not see it is off-putting at the least
    • "never show in browser" record toggle - our many records marked this way now show up in all form suggestions and pollute the fill list - got a suggestion to use collections as a substitute, but not yet sure that's viable
    • inability to edit/add form fields - 1Password can't always get form fields right and for those it cannot or for form fields that tend to change from time-to-time, we often edited/updated/added form field records. now we're stuck with broken records we have to manually fix on fill or totally recreate (some of which are complex and it's not worth the effort)
    • Section item rearrangement - still waiting Section rearrangement, btw!! :)

Based on some responses it seems some things are removed for the masses to make it easier on them and your support teams. I wonder if your team has considered re/establishing "pro user" items like some of these as so called "esoteric features" that can be toggled by enterprise/business/expert users and left defaulted off (even invisible) for those that have no use for them or may confuse them. I've used other software that does this and it seems effective.

Thanks for listening. I don't want to be a pest (I'm one of your biggest fans!), but I feel like I am by reporting and making a fuss about things that used to be present, but are not there in v8. I'm accustomed to major software I use and rely on adding new features, but it's rare features are removed. I guess "removed" isn't the correct term here exactly, but, rather "not included" in the new rebuild, but the effect to users is the same.

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

Any feedback on the above? They're important to varying degrees and I wonder if they're being tracked as some sort of request or will never be re-implemented?

• OLCE
    OLCE
    Community Member
    Options

I'm with @wagnerone on each of his points, although I think the first point is "fixed" (at least in the browser app/plugin, where it matters most?)

This discussion has been closed.