How to remove my business vault from my home computer so it only shows the family account?

hanrmaser
hanrmaser
Community Member

I have both a business account from my employer and a family account that I use at home. They are set up under different emails, but I can access them both on all my devices within the one app. However, we just got a home computer for shared use at home and I need to remove the business vault on it and only keep the family vault. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it, even though I feel like it should be simple! Help?

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1
Referrer: forum-search:How to remove my business vault from my home computer with my family account?

Comments

• Hi @hanrmaser, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

You can sign out of your business account from the 1Password app to remove your work vaults on your home computer. Here's how:

Sign out of 1Password

Let me know if the sign out option is unavailable within the app, as I'll be able to provide you with another option.

• hanrmaser
    hanrmaser
    Community Member

Hey Max! Thanks for your quick help! I'm still not able to locate a "Sign Out" option within the app—not within the individual vaults themselves, the "all vaults" section, or the menu bar at the top.

• Could you let me know the version of the 1Password app you're using? Here's how to find that out:

Find the version numbers of the 1Password apps

After I know more about your setup I'll be able to provide you with some detailed steps.

• hanrmaser
    hanrmaser
    Community Member

I added that info to my initial post! I'm using version 7.9.4 on macOS 12.0.1.

• @hanrmaser

Here are the steps to sign out of an account in 1Password 7 for Mac:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password 7 for Mac desktop app.
    2. From the menu bar at the very top of your screen, click 1Password > Preferences.

1. Click the Accounts tab.
    2. Select your business account and click the - button to sign out.
      • If the sign out button is grayed out or unavailable, you can perform an in-app reset to temporarily remove both accounts. Be sure you have both account Emergency Kits printed and accessible in case you need to sign in fully before proceeding. Then follow the steps reset the 1Password app. You can then sign in to your family account and access all your data once more.
  • hanrmaser
    hanrmaser
    Community Member

THANK YOU!! This finally worked!! I wasn't seeing those + and - symbols at the bottom. Great appreciate the dedicated help!!

• You're very welcome, and glad to hear that helped @hanrmaser. 🙂

Should you need any help in the future, please let our team know.

This discussion has been closed.