Computers Show Different Passwords

stuie
stuie
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have a unique problem I haven't encountered before. I updated a my main computer with a new hard drive. Went through all the hassles of re-installing everything. After all was said and done, I noticed a big problem. On my secondary computer I had all the passwords saved from before. But on the main one with the new hard drive there were a lot of passwords missing, important ones. In fact, I had to log into this forum with my other computer as it didn't exist in my main one. There are many others not shown including sign ins to major accounts I need to access. I do have a Dropbox account that I had problems accessing with the primary computer that was finally resolved and can see no difference in the files for 1Password stored there from either computer. What do I need to do in order to see all previous stored passwords on my main computer. This is a big problem for me.
Thanks, Stuie

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

Forgot, the I have Version 4.6.2.626

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

On Windows 10

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

PLEASE HELP!!! Doesn't anyone know why my 2 computers are not seeing the same logins? One sees 144, the other only sees 68. I really need to get this resolved.

• Hi @stuie:

Thanks for reaching out about this. We'd likely need to take a closer look at the setup on your devices via email. Open 1Password, then select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File. Attach that file in an email addressed to support@1password.com, and include a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/130179/computers-show-different-passwords#latest, and your username stuie. You'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message to us.

With that said, 1Password 4 for Windows was last updated more than 4 years ago. One of the best things you can do to ensure you're staying secure online is keeping your software up to date, and that includes 1Password. We'd strongly recommend migrating to a 1Password membership, as that would include the latest and greatest 1Password apps on all your devices, as well sync your data between them automatically. We're offering some great discounts if you migrate to a 1Password membership, and my colleagues would be able to assist you with that via email after making sure all your data is safe.

Jack

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

I did what you told me to do "Open 1Password, then select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File". Nothing seemed to happen. Where do I find that file? In the meantime I will look into a membership.

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

Just purchased a membership, but it only shoes about 14 of the over 100 logins I should be seeing. The older versions is still there, but that too is short of the important logins I need to see.

• Hi @stuie:

Thanks for following up. Please reach out to us directly via the email address I shared above, even if you don't have the diagnostics report handy, and my colleagues on our migrations team would be best equipped to get you up and running with your new 1Password membership, and ensure all of your data is migrated over. Once you've emailed in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with the support ID, post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message has made it to the right place.

Jack

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

This is what I sent to the support email you gave me;

Just recently got a membership and loaded 1Password 8. I need to know how to migrate all the information from my old account which was in version 4. It's pretty critical as there are only about 14 logins that the new version has compared to about 144 logins I need to function. What do I need to do to get these transferred to the newer version?

Will post the support ID when I get it. Thanks for your help.
    Stuie

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

Here is the support number

NPH-33497-484

• Hi @stuie:

I was able to locate your ticket, thanks for sharing your support ID. One of my colleagues will be in touch soon, so please keep an eye out!

Jack

ref: NPH-33497-484

This discussion has been closed.