Exporting or printing

rosner
rosner
Community Member

Hello,

I just realised that there was no way to print a list of Passwords in 1Password 8. Is this a feature you decided to remove?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @rosner

The best suggestion would likely be to keep your data secure until you need it, inside 1Password or another manager. I would recommend keeping it locked up and providing the Secret Ket to anyone that might need it. e.g. heirs. The type of information stored in 1Password tends to be fairly dynamic, which means frequent printing is required to keep a paper copy up to date. Besides, strings of text stored can be quite long (e.g., URLs, long passwords). It just isn't very efficient. We never keep you from your data. If you were to stop membership, for example, the data would become frozen, and you could still access it.

As far as printing itself (ability), I'll be happy to tell the team this matter to you. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and btw ☕️ good morning!

• rosner
    rosner
    Community Member

Hi and thanks for your answer. The issue is that sometimes I have customers who require a list of all their passwords. As sharing is item by item it can take time. Sharing multiple items in one GO would be a great feature.

By the way: i can't share passwords from iOS. When I click the share link and copy it, I can't paste it! 😞

• @rosner

Thank you for the reply. The best way to share a lot of passwords with customers would be to invite them as a guest. You can read more here: Share with guests in your team

That being said, I'd recommend emailing our business support team so that they can discuss your use case in greater detail and work with you to find the best solution possible for your business. You can reach them using this email address: support@1password.com

By the way: i can't share passwords from iOS. When I click the share link and copy it, I can't paste it! 😞

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue copying a secure share link using the 1Password app on iOS. We have received reports of this specific behaviour and our developers are actively working on a solution, which we expect to include in a future update. I've added your report of the issue to our developers so that they're aware.

I hope that helps. 🙂

ref: apple-5528

• rosner
    rosner
    Community Member

@Dave_1P: thanks for your feedback and the time you took to answer. Keep up the good work! 😉

• Thanks for taking part in this journey rosner. We're glad to have you with us.

This discussion has been closed.