The 1Password icon and Keychain icon overlap each other in fillable fields on the Safari browser

Options
AdiAk
AdiAk
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

As you can see in the screenshot both the 1Password icon and Keychain icon overlap each other in Safari on the Mac. Can you please find a way to adjust the position of the 1Password icon so that it doesn't overlap? There are times when I can't access the one I need and keep getting the wrong one.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:Safari

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @AdiAk I can definitely see why it would be hard to fill your passwords when you are getting suggestions from both 1Password and iCloud Keychain. Like your screenshot shows, having two password managers can cause issues with being able to select the right login to use. Moreover, it can interfere with saving your information, causing confusion about where your data is stored. Because of this, we strongly recommend 1) moving all your logins to 1Password and then 2) turning off your browser's built-in password manager so that it does not conflict with 1Password.

Here's how to move your Safari logins to 1Password: https://support.1password.com/import-safari/

Here's how to turn off Safari's default password manager: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• AdiAk
    AdiAk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Joy_1P. At present I use both of them. There are pros and cons to each so I use them in combination. Would be awesome if the above change could be made. Thanks.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AdiAk I can certainly leave some feedback about this to our developers on your behalf. Just curious, do you use iCloud keychain to save/fill certain things like your addresses or credit cards? How does it work better than saving/filling with 1Password? If you can provide more details, it would be great. I'll add those details to the feedback that I share.

This discussion has been closed.