DH can only use 1PW7, I use Version 8 in families, have updated passwords - not synching

tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

I've updated passwords in Version 8,DH can only use Version 7 (old iMac), the changes not appearing on his 1PW7?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Big
Referrer: forum-search:DH can only use 1PW7, I use Version 8 in families, have updated passwords - not synching

Comments

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Agree - one of us is still using an iMac and 1PW 7 and can't update to 1PW8, would be helpful to keep maintaining 1PW7.

• Hey @tuni12

I am sorry to hear about the trouble. After reviewing your issue, I would like to dive deeper and see if I can find what is causing these issues. I have reached out to you via email. Please respond to that email, and we can get the ball rolling from there.

ref: WHC-18843-852

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Thx Joshua, as I said I am using version 8 now on my MBPro (ios Big Sur). We have family membership. Dh uses “antique” iMac and we barely managed to get him successfully on version 7. I made some changes on my passwords which, I hoped, would also sync over to his listing but they didn’t.

Is it because we are using different versions?

And is there s work around to solve this for us? Many thanks

• Dh uses “antique” iMac

How "antique" are we talking? 😬 Is there no option to upgrade to newer hardware, that is capable of running a modern operating system? 1Password 8 supports as far back as macOS 10.15, which is the oldest version of macOS that Apple is still providing security updates for. Connecting a system older than that to the internet is a significant risk.

I made some changes on my passwords which, I hoped, would also sync over to his listing but they didn’t.

Does he see a vault called "Primary" in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults? If so, that would be the cause.

And is there s work around to solve this for us? Many thanks

If the Primary vault is present, then our migration team would be best equipped to help straighten things out. They can be reached via email at support+tradein@1password.com. Please mention that you're using 1Password Families, and one of the family members isn't seeing changes. Also mention that a Primary vault is on their Mac, if that is the case.

Thanks!

Ben

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

DH is using Sierra (10.12.6) 2007 iMac. So since 1PW8 can only support back to 10.15 - do you think that's the reason he doesn't get the passwords I changed in 1PW8. I also just checked back on my Password list in Version 8, and the ones I changed are not in Vault "shared"...they are in my Private vault in families. what d'ya think? And, no, new iMac not presently for him. He's happy limping along with his old, familiar "friend". That mountain has to be climbed later......sigh..... LOL so, please - your thoughts on the "why" my updating may?/will? not update his 1PW7? Many thanks for your patience....

• He's happy limping along with his old, familiar "friend".

I'd encourage you to stress the "significant risk" bit, if you can. Sierra hasn't been updated by Apple in 2.5 years. That my not sound like a long time in the grand scheme of things, but in technology and specifically information security terms... that's an eternity.

so, please - your thoughts on the "why" my updating may?/will? not update his 1PW7? Many thanks for your patience....

Items in a Private vault will never be seen by anyone else. If you move the items you want him to see to a shared vault, he should be able to see them then.

Share passwords with your family

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.