Constantly prompting to create login on “Pixel Launcher”

emromrell14
emromrell14
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Android

I get this pop-up multiple times a day when swiping up to get to the app menu on Pixel 5a (Android version 12)

Comments

• emromrell14
    emromrell14
    Community Member

I believe it may be related to 1Password believing that the search field at the top is a password field (?)

• Hello @emromrell14, thanks for joining us on the forum!

From the screenshots shared, I believe this is related to a bug with Accessibility filling in 1Password 7 for Android. I'd like to ask you to unlock 1Password, tap Settings > Autofill then turn Accessibility off and turn Autofill on. With that change in settings does the suggestion still appear in the launcher? Thanks again!

• emromrell14
    emromrell14
    Community Member

Thanks!! I believe that fixes the immediate issue. However, isn’t the accessibility option needed for auto fill in browsers?

• Hi @emromrell14, thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that worked.

There is now Autofill or Autofill compatibility support for most browsers, so filling with 1Password 7 for Android should work with Autofill alone. I fired up a Pixel 3a running Android 12 and the issue in the launcher only seemed to occur with Accessibility filling only. With Autofill and Accessibility enabled the prompt in the search bar did not show up for me.

• emromrell14
    emromrell14
    Community Member

Ah shoot. Looks like it didn’t work. After the phone rebooted, I’m seeing the autofill options and pixel launcher thing again… any other ideas?

• Hello @emromrell14 thanks for letting us know this issue persists for you.

I've done some more testing with my Pixel and I can only consistently reproduce this issue when Accessibility filling only was enabled. In your Autofill settings, are these three settings on or off: Autofill, Accessibility and Always show Autofill suggestions below fields? In the screenshot you shared it looks like you're using Gboard. Do you use a different on screen keyboard? If the Autofill prompt appears in the pixel launcher and you long press the search bar then tap Autofill, does the prompt disappear? Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.