"Open 1Password" in Browser does not work

Options
plipp
plipp
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Windows

I installed 1password on my wifes Windows11-PC and the extension in Firefox. When clicking on the 1password-Icon I see the popup "Open 1password" but clicking on it does not do anything (with the 1password-app running or not).

Also "Open and Fill" opens, but does not fill. So it does not work as it does on my Linux-machine. How to fix this?

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @plipp,

Thanks for reporting this. We apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

This was a known issue we've fixed, can you update both 1Password and the extension to confirm it is working better now?

• ambasadagavioli
    ambasadagavioli
    Community Member
    Options

I've created an account just to explain what the problem is.

So, I'm using Firefox Nightly as my main browser. Everything was fine up until a few days ago (maybe a week). Like plipp said, clicking the extension icon does nothing. Unlocking the app does not unlock the extension. I've tried switching 1Pass to beta and nightly, that doesn't help. I switched to Firefox stable and reinstalled 1Pass (stable). Right now, everything works fine, but the problem is still present in Firefox Nightly.

In Firefox Nightly, 1Pass simply doesn't work and I'm hoping you can find the source of the problem before Nightly versions get pushed to the stable channel. Also, I really prefer using Firefox Nightly over the stable, because there are some really nice improvements that are not yet present in the stable.

Cheers <3

• krotovicl
    krotovicl
    Community Member
    Options

I have maybe similar problem but in Google Chrome. It seams that the extension cannot connect to the native app. I have tried to investigate the logs from the extension, see the screenshot.

I have tried to reinstall the chrome extension but it didn't help.
    I have tried to restart the native app and even the computer but it didn't help either.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ambasadagavioli !

I'm using Firefox Nightly as my main browser.

Maybe the new beta build of 1Password in the browser could help here?
    https://releases.1password.com/b5x/beta/#1password-in-the-browser-2.3.7

There is the following point in the changelog:
    Fixed an issue where 1Password would fail to load in Firefox Nightly.

• ambasadagavioli
    ambasadagavioli
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB

Hey, I can confirm that the beta extension is now working properly in Firefox Nightly.

Yay!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds great. 👍

• Thank you for the keen suggestion, @denalb, and thank you @ambasadagavioli for letting us know that this works for you! 🚀

This discussion has been closed.