Long delay opening 1Password browser extension

Options
Ryan7hompson
Ryan7hompson
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

My apologies if this is answered somewhere, I searched but couldn't find any reference to this issue:

My 1Password browser extensions on Chome and Brave are opening intermittently, sometimes after only 4-5 seconds and sometimes not for almost a minute... other times not at all. I just get the spinning 'thinking' icon when the little mini-window opens up. Both bowsers appear to be up to date, I'm running 1Password extension version 2.3.4. At a loss - this is very irritating, particularly for my wife who is still getting used to using 1PW.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.4
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Ryan7hompson
    Ryan7hompson
    Community Member
    Options

This is what it looks like, the circle just keeps going round and round.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Ryan7hompson !

Maybe you could try the latest beta build v2.3.7?
    https://releases.1password.com/b5x/beta/#1password-in-the-browser-2.3.7

There were some fixes in this beta release, and actually I don't have any performance issues. 👌

• Ryan7hompson
    Ryan7hompson
    Community Member
    Options

Hi DenalB, Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, that didn't help with my situation. I don't have any performance issues once the extension opens up, it's just getting the extension to open. It is worse on the Chrome browser than it is on Brave.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@Ryan7hompson

I'm relocating your topic to the browser section so I'll get more traction. I would preemptively like to ask you to email us using support@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. One of my colleagues on the extensions team can take a closer look. We're so incredibly busy here in the community I don't want to have your post slip between the cracks.

This discussion has been closed.