We recently added 1password to a new iPad. 1PW does not recognize the master PW to open.

Options
FlyingCarpet
FlyingCarpet
Community Member

However we then get a popup that says "Touch ID to view passwords." So we can then see saved passwords in a different than usual format, but cannot open 1Password in the usual manner! How do we rest 1PW on this new device to recognize our account password??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Referrer: forum-search:1password does not recognize password on new iOS device

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @FlyingCarpet! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble adding 1Password to your iPad. If you have a 1Password account then can you confirm that you're able to see all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

If you can then please try these steps to add your account to the 1Password app on your iPad: How to add your 1Password account to the apps

If that doesn't work then can you tell me if you receive an error message? If you do then what does the error message say?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

• FlyingCarpet
    FlyingCarpet
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Dave! I was able to fix the problem by deleting the existing 1PW app on that device; then reinstalling from your website. (I have a feeling it might have been accessing an old vault because the iPad's data was transferred from an outdated model.) Thank you for your followup, and for caring!

• ag_tommy
    Options

On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.