Can’t get to test 1P 8 for iOS as it’s always full!

2»

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

Haha or are you?

Maybe, maybe not... 😁😊

Nicely done this morning.

This morning is good... Here in Germany it is 5.30 in the evening. 😉

• I've got to get over there one of these days. Haha, like that's gonna happen. I have trouble with kids and dogs going down the street. I've always wanted to visit Germany. Maybe when I retire.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

You are always welcome, Tommy! 😘

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

Good luck on that, @ag_tommy! When I retired, all my ToDo lists quadrupled in size. What little free time I have each day, it seems like I spend it trying to snag a slot in this beta 😁. Maybe one day. Hope you’re staying well.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022

Hey Larry,

Welcome back. We would love to have you back with us on the beta train. We've been chatting away for more than a few years now. Yes, I am doing well. Becoming another year older is imminent. Retirement is inching closer. 🤣

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/643492/#Comment_643492

tl;dr - Sorry to put this out there. 😞

So that you don't continue attempting to sign up for the beta and find that its full over and over again, there aren't going to be any more slots open until early July.

-

When I retired, all my ToDo lists quadrupled in size.

Sadly, I totally expect that to happen. Sigh. No rest for me. Oh well I can spend it with those grandkids of mine.

• Cruncher
    Cruncher
    Community Member

I am trying to get into Testflight for almost 2 months and was not able to find a slot. I really want to test V8 and give feedback.
    1PW is one of my most important Apps on my Devices and I want to make sure you get all my feedback :-)

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

I’m currently on 7.9.6 and was wondering if there was room for one more on the current beta.

Thanks very much.

1Password Version: 7.9.6
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 16

• Hi @TomWolsky,

We're currently at the maximum # of testers allowed by the TestFlight program. We are removing inactive testers periodically in order to free up spots, but those spots don't actually open up until the last build the person installed expires. This pushes out the timeline for getting new testers onboard significantly. We're evaluating how to best handle this going forward but as it stands I'm afraid we have no ability to add additional testers.

Ben

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thank you Ben.

• Jakyrian
    Jakyrian
    Community Member

I seem to recall that it was mentioned that some slots would open up around early July as that coincides with the first build expiring after 90 days. When can I expect to be able to join the TestFlight? Thanks :)

• @Jakyrian

I would keep checking the sign-up link. If anything does open up it will go exceedingly quick. I have not seen any specifics in this regard. My apologies, I do not have something more concrete to share.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

Shhh...I recall that today there might be some slots that get freed up but I was trying not to remind others so I could hopefully get one finally ;-)

• Adam1987
    Adam1987
    Community Member

Hello,

Will there be any new slots to test the ios version. At the moment it seems to be full.

Thanks,
    Adam

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• Hi folks,

Yes, we will continue to remove inactive testers periodically throughout the Early Access period in order to give everyone the best shot possible at trying it out. The timing of these spots becoming available has proven to be more tricky than we anticipated. Our original assumption was that as soon as we removed an inactive tester that would free up their spot for someone else, but that isn't how it works. They hold that spot for 90 days after the last build they installed was released. As such it is a bit tricky to say when exactly it is that any given number of spots will be freed. Sorry — I wish there were a more definitive answer. Best bet is to try the link periodically.

Ben

• Cruncher
    Cruncher
    Community Member

I am trying to get into Testflight for almost 2 months and was not able to find a slot. I really want to test V8 and give feedback.
    1PW is one of my most important Apps on my Devices and I want to make sure you get all my feedback :-)

• Hey @Cruncher

The best option I can suggest at this time is to keep checking that sign-up link. If you missed Ben's comment above yours, please see it for additional information.

• Edac
    Edac
    Community Member

Does anyone have any advice on how to get into the 1password beta for iOS and iPadOS? I’ve been trying for around a month by periodically opening the web page every day but still can’t get in.

• superandrew
    superandrew
    Community Member

same here, I was in on the early days, then I lost access, and I am unable to get in again. Are there periodic cleanings still happening?

• Hey @superandrew:

As Ben mentioned above, while we're still doing periodic removals, the timing is 90 days after the last build that removed user has installed. Given that, the date at when the removed spots will be available again is a bit uncertain.

Your best bet would be to keep checking back to see if a spot opens up.

Jack

• rpd2
    rpd2
    Community Member

TestFlight bugged out and removed me from the 1Password Beta instead of a different Beta I was exiting. I understand the no new TestFlight spots, but any idea when 1Password 8 for iOS is going to finally go out? In beta for months and was generally working well from the old build I have...

• Hi @rpd2 thank you for your comments here.

We really appreciate you testing 1Password 8 for iOS!

Please stay tuned to the beta and we should have more information soon on when the app will be available for everyone!

• superandrew
    superandrew
    Community Member

I can still find the app inside Testflight, but it says "your no longer a tester". Should I remove it from TestFlight?

• @superandrew That could help us clear out some space in the future, if you an do that it would be awesome!

• superandrew
    superandrew
    Community Member

I removed myself. I hope I can get inside again very soon. But I really hope you'r releasing 1p8 to the general public!

• But I really hope you'r releasing 1p8 to the general public!

Soon. 😄

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

It’s out!

Congratulations to AgileBits!

Have fun everyone!

• Thanks @XIII. 🥰

Ben

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member

Uh, so, I'm an ios, android, and macos tester, but i never received word that 8 was a thing for ios, so i never signed up for the beta. the last beta i have is 7.9.7, from a couple of weeks ago. how do i get on the 8 test team, now that it's out?

This discussion has been closed.