Browser keeps taking focus when 1Password open. Aargh!

If I have 1Password open but am working in another window (e.g. Terminal window) 1Password app takes input focus as the browser refreshes pages or otherwise changes in someway. Thus, as I'm trying to type in a command shell I keep having to click back to the window. Very frustrating!

I've got the extension in Safari and Firefox both running. I noticed today it was when Firefox window changed state that focus kept flipping to the open 1Password UI

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hey @jeliker:

That definitely isn't the experience we want you to have. We've made some improvements to when the 1Password app takes focus, are you still running into trouble here? Let me know, and I can definitely investigate further with you.

Jack

• dgbeecher
    dgbeecher
    Community Member

Oh my, is 1Password responsible for this behavior?? I had noticed that Safari has been randomly popping to the front for some time, and it seemed like this began after I installed 1Password 8. But I hadn't gotten around to testing to make sure. If it keeps happening, I will report back here. Hopefully it's been fixed.

• jeliker
    jeliker
    Community Member

I see I'm running 2.3.3 now and will report back on the change. Here's hoping!

• Thanks. @jeliker We appreciate any feedback you can provide. We love the all clear sign. Here's to that one. Have a great day.

• jeliker
    jeliker
    Community Member

I haven't noticed the issue lately. Perhaps the update has resolved this for me!

• dgbeecher
    dgbeecher
    Community Member

It is still happening for me. Perhaps less often than before, but it's hard to tell. Most often when I wake my laptop after its display has turned off. I suppose the only way to test whether 1Password is responsible would be to quit 1Password completely and see if the problem stops?

• calfrye
    calfrye
    Community Member

How about every minute? I have version 8.71 on my Mac, (Catalina 10.15.7), and it takes two clicks on a browser window to get focus on the browser, and about once a minute 1Password takes focus itself (shown in the menu bar). Version 6 was working fine, but it's been one thing after another after "upgrading" HOW DO WE FIX THIS?

• jsouer
    jsouer
    Community Member

Hi, I just found out that this is the exact problem I'm having. Is there an update on this matter? It is really annoying.

Mac. OS Ventura 13.0.1
    1Password for Mac 8.9.8 (80908009)
    Chrome Version 107.0.5304.110 (Official Build) (x86_64)

This discussion has been closed.