Is it possible to export contents of individual vaults?

modeler
modeler
Community Member

When exporting to a csv, I notice that the contents of all vaults are contained in a single file. I don't see any info that identifies the vault assigned to a particular login.

I haven't experimented with importing that csv back into 1PW, for fear of messing up things. Any comments/suggestions are appreciated.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @modeler, thank you for this question. 👋

1Password 8 exports all items in the account rather than by vault, so it's much as you've noticed.

With that said, we do have a feature request with our development team for the ability to export specific vaults. While I can't promise this will be implemented, I'm happy to cast a vote on your behalf so that our team members can understand the level of demand for the feature and why it would be useful for you specifically. I hope this is helpful!

ref: IDEA-I-777

• modeler
    modeler
    Community Member

Thank you.

• Any time, @modeler. 👋

• kander42
    kander42
    Community Member

Yes this feature would be VERY help full to us. We are a it department that have a shared vault. We keep a offline backup of this vault in a physical vault. Since other persons in IT have access to the physical vault they also have assess to the passwords that I keep in my private password vault. This is not a nice situation to me. Thanks in advance.

• Hello @kander42,

Thanks for your feedback and letting us know that being able to export your data on a per vault basis is something you'd like to see. I've added a +1 for you to the item we're tracking.

With regard to data stored to your private vault, if this vault is part of your own account, it is only accessible by you, with your Secret Key/account password which only you know. It is not possible to decrypt it without your credentials. I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

• andygrant
    andygrant
    Community Member

Please add me to the list. I also want to be able to export individual vaults as I've been asked to give people copies of their vault when they leave the business

• Hello @andygrant,

Thanks for your feedback and providing this use case! I've included these details for our Product team in the feature request that we have filed internally. 👍

This discussion has been closed.