Archive Vault Question

Gordon101
Gordon101
Community Member

I am almost certain I know the answer, but I am really cautious about my 1PW data. In the early days, we were a computer diverse family -- one Mac and one Windows computer. Now we are both Mac and have a family plan. From the start we have had a single Vault for all our stuff since we opted for the family option. Out of caution, we copied stuff from our individual Personal Vaults to the Shared Vault. When that worked as it should, we moved the stuff from our Personal Vault to the Archive Vault.

Just to clean things up, I would like to empty the Archive Vault. Some of the items in our Archive Vault are identical to our items in our Shared Vault. A lot of items are similar -- they were created at the same date, but have different final modifications.

Am I correct is assuming we can just "Delete" all the stuff in the Archive Vault with concern that similar or identical items in our Shared Vault will be affected?

Attached is a screen shot of the sidebar showing our Vault structure

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: MacOS 12.4

Comments

• @Gordon101

If the items exist in the Archive vault (from your screenshot) and they exist elsewhere in other vaults, then yes, you can remove those copies (duplicates) from the Archive and they will remain in the other vault. Please make sure the items are indeed in other vaults. I would not want you to incur any data loss. Also pleas make sure the most up to date data is what you keep.

We recently enabled an Archive feature of our own. It now replaces the trash. I would suggest using it and not using the delete option.

I hope this make sense. please let me know if you have any questions.

Talking trash: Why we're introducing the Archive

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member

Using the Archive as a Trash is exactly what we have done. Thanks

• Excellent! You're most welcome.

This discussion has been closed.