Can 1Password change the way to sorted items with Chinese title in future?

Pearfrommars
Pearfrommars
Community Member

Hello I'm a Chinese user,I found some items with Chinese title in my list are sorted by a strange way, I don't understand what's the rule. Chinese can be sorted by its phonetic alphabet called "pinyin", it's just the same as English letter. So it can be sorted by it with a similar way as those items with English title instead of the strange way 1Password used now. It's hard to find a certain item now.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Windows11

Comments

• Good morning @Pearfrommars, please excuse the delay in our response. Thanks for reaching out about the way 1Password 8 is sorting items with a Chinese title. I'm sorry that you are having troubles finding specific items.

Are you able to provide a screenshot or example of the way items are being sorted? When sending a screenshot, please be sure to redact any personal or private information. We'd like to better understand what you are experiencing.

The sorting/filtering option are something we're always looking to make improvements to. Some examples would be helpful for opening a feature request with the teams responsible for investigating and making improvements here. Thanks!

• Pearfrommars
    Pearfrommars
    Community Member

Hello, you can see that those items with Chinese title are simply sorted by the same Chinese character. But actually it usually be sorted by the first letter of its pinyin. For example, in my screenshot, I circled two zone with "学" and "微" in it, "学" can be expressed by pinyin as "xue" and "微" can be expressed by pinyin as "wei", they should be sorted with "x" and "w". There is no reason for why they appear so close in the list, and I think that point may confuse many Chinese people, especially the people who are new to 1password. Pinyin is a very popular method for Chinese people to input Chinese characters on computer, and it's a part of children education, so don't worry, almost every Chinese people who can use computer knows it.

You can see the right way in next pic, That's my contact on macOS, you can see the "马", "孟", "冒" and "M" are all sorted by "M", that's the way to sort items by the first letter of pinyin, and most other companies such as Microsoft or apple they all do so in their productions.

I love 1Password, hope this can help it be better.😃

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022

Hello @Pearfrommars, thank you for taking the time to explain this - we really appreciate your feedback. I have passed this request on to our developers to improve how 1Password handles this in the future. Thank you again! 😄

ref: dev/core/core#13298

This discussion has been closed.