Categories

Mcffej1
Mcffej1
Community Member

Is there any way to see all of your categories without clicking on it which can be aggravating doing it every time you try and see a category.?

1Password Version: 8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 12.0.1
Referrer: forum-search:Is there any way to see all of your categories without clicking on which can be aggravating doing it every time you open 1p

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022

Hi @Mcffej1, thanks for this question. Can you share a little bit more about what you'd like to do?

For example, you can currently see the list of categories for which you've created items by clicking on the All Categories button, at the top of your list of items. Is there something specific that you'd like 1Password to present to you, which it isn't? Or, are you looking for a different kind of functionality? Any details you can share will be helpful - and I'll look forward to learning more about this! 😃

• machineage11
    machineage11
    Community Member

I have the exact same question.
    I want to be view the Categories of my data, so I can more quickly select a LOGIN or a CREDITCARD. The new Mac OS user interface requires you to go back to home. We need to see CATEGORIES in the left side bar so we can quickly get to the type of data we are seeking.

• @machineage11

You can ensure that Categories appear in your sidebar by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password for Mac.
    2. Click on 1Password next to the  in the menu bar.
    3. Click on Preferences.
    4. Click on Appearance.
    5. Make sure that "Categories" is selected underneath "Always Show in Sidebar".

Let me know if I misunderstood your question. 🙂

• riogrande
    riogrande
    Community Member

Excellent. Just what I was trying to do.

• machineage11
    machineage11
    Community Member

Thank you. This helps me move faster. I appreciate your concise direction.

• Hi @riogrande / @machineage11:

On behalf of Dave, you're very welcome! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

• Mcffej1
    Mcffej1
    Community Member

Yes excellent that is exactly what I needed!! Thanks!

• @Mcffej1

I'm happy that you found what you needed here. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.