How to Remove Duplicates in 1 PW 8.7?

Options
lysander
lysander
Community Member

I can find no threads or instructions dealing with version 8.7.

How to I remove duplicate entries after merging another vault into PRIVATE.

1Password Version: 8.1
Extension Version: 2..3.3
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• kevin.li
    Options

Hi @lysander,

I'm afraid to let you know that there is no built-in function to remove duplicates in 1Password 8. We will need to sort them out manually.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and I have put your voice to an existing feature request regarding how to manage the duplicate items. Thank you for taking the time to help us improve 1Password.

Suppose the duplicates are too many to handle, there is a tool in 1Password 7 for Mac to clean up duplicate items. However, the tool's function is limited, if the duplicated items have different info saved, they won't be cleared even if they have the same title. You will need to sort some of them manually.

• johnfalco
    johnfalco
    Community Member
    Options

This is a NIGHTMARE. I finally - after years - gave in and was willing to pay for a subscription to upgrade from ver 6 to 8 and now I have upwards of 5 copies of each password entry in my vault. WTF! Now I need to go through everyone of my 1,800 entries to be sure I am not deleting the wrong one. Great job 1Password!

• Hi @johnfalco, I'm very sorry to learn that this is your experience.

I'm not sure how far you are into dealing with those passwords manually, but I'd invite you to write in to our team by email so that we can provide some personalized assistance. You can reach us there at the address support@1Password.com - please include a link to this discussion, so that we know it's you and have all the facts of your case in one place.

We also have an open feature request for a duplicate-handling feature, and I've added a vote for that on your behalf (this is also something I would love to see implemented in the app).

I hope this is helpful, and again apologize for the inconvenience you've encountered with this process.

ref: IDEA-I-615
    ref: dev/core/core#15468

• johnfalco
    johnfalco
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks and I just sent an email.

• PeterG_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi @johnfalco, thanks for the notice that you've done so. I've confirmed receipt of your email and from here the appropriate team will be in touch with you as soon as possible. 👍

ref: EHV-29814-738

This discussion has been closed.