I am completely lost on how to set up my wife's devices

bo0g
bo0g
Community Member

I am trying to get 1password to work for my wife on her iPhone 7, iPad, and MacBook, but I cannot figure out how to do it. She already has the 1password app, and her vault has 41 items in it. Is her vault a different login than my master? Also, how do I get the shared vault on her phone? Is it possible for someone to walk me thru this on the telephone? I am 67 years old, and this is an enormous challenge. I've been happily using 1password on my computers and phone for a long time and have found it excellent. I cannot understand the process and procedures to give my wife the same terrific experience that I have. Please help. Thank you very much.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac
Extension Version: 8.7.0
OS Version: macOS Monterey 12.4 (21F79)
Referrer: forum-search:sharing with my wife is a big challenge

Comments

• @bo0g

Are you using a Family membership? If so, yes, you will each have your respective accounts. The shared vault is set to be added when you add her account.

Is it possible for someone to walk me thru this on the telephone?

Email lets us list detailed steps and share links to resources, providing a reference that can be saved for the future; for this reason, we don't offer phone or chat support. We would be happy to help with getting you going. Please email us using support@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. Once we have a direct line of communication going, we can continue via email.

• You should receive a reply with a support id. Please post that id number here so we can connect the dots.
  • bo0g
    bo0g
    Community Member

Thank you very much. I appreciate the response and will do as you say. I will also let you know how it goes. Warm regards.

• bo0g
    bo0g
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

I sent the email to support@1password.com . Oh, and yes, I am using a Family Membership. #STR-35286-356

• Hi @bo0g:

Thanks for sharing your support ID! It looks like one of my colleagues has recently reached out to you, let me know if you were able to find it in your email inbox.

Jack

ref: STR-35286-356

This discussion has been closed.