1P8 - Javascript Error at 1Password 8 start

Options
guillaumeserton
guillaumeserton
Community Member

Hi Team, 
I have the below error on a Macbook Pro 14 (macOS 12.4). This error happened when logged with a standard user account and 1Password 8.7.0

• I have not this error on the same macbook pro 14 (macOS 12.4) with an administrator account and 1Password 8.7.0
  • I have not this error on another macbook pro 14 (macOS 12.3.1) with a standard user account and 1Password 8.7.0
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

Uncaught Exception:
Error: internal error in Neon module: assertion failed: check_path_perms(&socket_dir).await?
at /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:2:213580
at Object.679 (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:2:213769)
at o (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:2:236285)
at /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:2:236558
at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:2:236570)
at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1116:14)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1169:10)
at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:988:32)
at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:829:12)
at Function.c._load (node:electron/js2c/asar_bundle:5:13343)

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• Hi @guillaumeserton:

I'm sorry to hear you're running into trouble here. We've been investigating this, and while we're not quite sure what the specific cause is on your system, we've made some changes that should improve your state of play which are available in our beta releases: https://downloads.1password.com/mac/1Password Beta.zip

Let me know how you get on with using the beta version, or if you're still running into trouble.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#15040

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P
    I will try the beta but cannot let it on the computer as it's a production computer and I will have to install the V7 instead.

I'll let you know.

Thanks.
    Guillaume

• Hi @guillaumeserton, thank you for letting us know. We certainly understand the need for stability. We'll look forward to learning about your experience with the Beta should you try it on a different device.

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member
    Options

I installed the Beta and now I have no error when 1P starts.
    So now, waiting the next GA :)

• Hey @guillaumeserton:

Glad to hear that the beta improved the situation for you! Keep an eye out for updates and hopefully we'll have a stable release containing that fix for you soon. 🙂

Jack

• Hey @guillaumeserton:

And just to follow up, 1Password for Mac 8.7.1 is now available with this fix!😄 https://1password.com/downloads/mac

Jack

This discussion has been closed.