1Password extension 2.2.3 (for 1P 8.7.0) won't install in Safari 15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8) on MacOS 12.4

Options

I have tried everything to get 1Password extension installed into Safari. I've cleared browser caches, removed the app from Applications folder, redownloaded it, and restarted multiple times in all different kinds of orders, but cannot get it to install. I've tried restarting with safe-boot (to purge boot cache), and then restarted normally, but nothing is working.

It's working just fine in Chrome and Firefox, but not in Safari...

Any thoughts on what I can try next?

Steve

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: 12.4
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 8.7.0 won't install in Safari 15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8) on MacOS 12.4

Comments

• Hi @srp:

Thanks for letting us know! Just to confirm you've installed 1Password for Safari and it's visible in your Applications folder, and you've launched it at least once, correct? If so, let's try refreshing Safari's extension registrations. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Open the Terminal app on your Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/terminal/open-or-quit-terminal-apd5265185d-f365-44cb-8b09-71a064a42125/mac
    3. Paste the following into Terminal (it should all be on one line) and then press enter to run the command: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app
    4. Open Safari and try to enable 1Password for Safari again.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• srp
    srp
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P - Yes, it's there, and I've tried multiple starts and restarts, both from the app and the system level.

But... running the lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app from terminal worked perfectly and I'm back up and running!

Thanks for that advice.

Steve

• Glad to hear that got it sorted! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.