Naming of "personal" vault inconsistencies

Options
wagnerone
wagnerone
Community Member

I was creating a (yet another) 1Password presentation for our company and it was brought to my attention members of our Teams account see their "personal" vault named differently.

Several people reported it was named "Personal" and some reported it being named "Private". I confirmed this difference was among users on our Team account and the vaults in question were not in a personal or family account.

Looking at my own client now, I see my Family names it "Private" and my Teams account names it "Personal".

This can be confusing when attempting to train people on 1Password use - particularly in a business setting.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @wagnerone,

I can certainly see how the naming of this vault could cause confusion. Right now, if you sign up for a team, business, or family account, your main vault will be named Private. If you sign up for an individual account it will be named Personal. Here's where it gets a bit more complicated: if you signed up for a team account in the early days, it's likely your main vault is named Personal.

I'm not sure if there are any easy solutions here for simplifying this, though I'll go ahead and pass on your feedback to our development team. For now, you could include both Private/Personal vault in any slides and references.

ref: IDEA-I-1131

This discussion has been closed.