Beta #10 of 2022 is now available πŸ„πŸ» πŸ™Œ

Options

Happy Beta Tuesday, everyone! πŸ€—

Today's release has several fixes and improvements to enjoy. I won't be including any screenshots today though as the features I was planning on showcasing didn't quite make it in time. On the bright side next week's release will be even better. πŸ™‚

You can find a full set of changes in our release notes for macOS , Windows , and Linux. Or, select the What’s New item from the feedback menu within the app.

As always, thank you so much for participating in the early access release and helping us to improve 1Password. We couldn't have gotten this far without you and the releases are so much better as a direct result of you. Thank you! πŸ™πŸ»πŸ€—

++dave;
1Password Founder

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @dteare !

On the bright side next week's release will be even better. πŸ™‚

I'm looking forward to the next release. 😊

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

@dteare Rumor has it that next week will be the release candidate for 1Password for macOS v8.x. πŸ€”

I am hoping that linking apps on desktop (as teased previously in the screenshot for this announcement) and having Quick Access auto-filter based on the focused app makes it in under the wire for v8. That, and the inability to re-arrange fields are the two items holding me from moving to v8.

If those features won't make it in time, I would appreciate not being forced to auto-upgrade to v8 as I will prefer to stay on v7.

I also dearly miss the way 1Password Mini immediately displays the item details of the selected item. It was such a nice feature, even highlighted in the v7 announcement blog, and it's gone from Quick Access. Here's a thread that discusses this in more detail.

• dteare
    Options

Hey, that’s the rumour I started! πŸ˜‚

The wire is indeed getting close and we’re not going to be able to get all of your wish list in for the initial launch. The good news is we’re never done and will keep on iterating so I’m sure we will in time.

As for 1Password 7, by all means you’re welcome to continue using that until version 8 fits your needs. It’s a great app!

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

πŸ‘

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

After updating to beta build 8.7.0-12 the categories on the left side are not in German language anymore.

But when adding a new entry, all the categories are translated correctly.

Strange, isn't it? πŸ€”

• hvarun87
    hvarun87
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

the unsecured sites are not getting detected in watch tower.. i have a unsecured password account in my list. but when I go to watchtower and filter unsecured sites, it doesn't show up there.
    This is working well on the 1Password 7 app from app store on mac.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @DenalB

I was able to reproduce that discrepancy. I'll get an issue filed. Thank you!

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#13744

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, @Ben ! πŸ‘

• On behalf of Ben, you're very welcome @DenalB! πŸ˜€

Jack

• Hi @DenalB, the localization discrepancy should now be fixed in 1Password 8.7.1. We'd love to know if this works for you!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @PeterG_1P !

I'm on the latest beta build 8.8.0-104, and actually it looks good again. πŸ‘

• Fantastic - thank you for the confirmation @denalb, much appreciated πŸ₯³

This discussion has been closed.