howto shift from Mac v.8 beta to Mac v.8 GA

Siimnet
Siimnet
Community Member

Have been running on v.8 beta and after having installed v.8 GA without moving data from previous v.7, I'm told that I've been running a newer version on launch of onepassword.

Wondering how to resolve this, hints appreciated, TIA!

1Password Version: 8.7 installer
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4

Comments

• Chr1sS
    Chr1sS
    Community Member

I had the same problem and contacted support. Here is the answer:

Hey there! 👋

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you've been experiencing with moving from the Beta to the Production version of 1Password 8.

To solve this, you'll need to move 1Password's Data folder out of the way so that it can make a new one. Here's what to do:

Right-click the 1Password icon in the menu bar (if it's there) and click Quit.
    Open Finder, and click the Go menu > Go to Folder...
    In the box that appears, copy and paste the following exactly:
    ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/

and press Return.

You'll see a folder called Data – right-click on the folder and select Compress "Data".
    Drag the original Data folder to the Trash.
    Wait a few moments and then open 1Password 8. You'll be taken through the first setup process.
    If you still need help, reply to this message, and one of my human friends will get back to you as soon as possible.

BitBot, and the entire 1Password team ❤️🇨🇦

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022

That should indeed do the trick, @Chr1sS. Thank you for sharing!

@Siimnet, could you let us know if the steps described above work for you? We want to make sure that you're able to get a resolution to this issue. 👍

• Siimnet
    Siimnet
    Community Member

@Chr1sS Thanks was around that container, steps worked fine, seems last beta was v.8.8 from 9th may and GA is v.8.7 :)

• I'm glad to hear that the steps worked for you @Siimnet ! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.