CAN I LOGIN WITH FINGERPRINT ON WIN11 ON PASS4?

Options
socalstuff
socalstuff
Community Member
edited June 2022 in 1Password 4 for Windows

CAN I LOGIN WITH FINGERPRINT ON WIN11 ON PASS4?

ALSO IS PASS 7 A STAND ALON OR MUST BE SUBSCRIPTION ,IF IT'S ONLY SUBSCRIPTION YOU PROBABLY LOST A CUSTOMER :(

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @socalstuff:

Great question. While 1Password 7 and 8 support Windows Hello, allowing you to use a fingerprint or other supported biometric method to unlock 1Password, Windows Hello isn't supported by 1Password 4.

Given that 1Password is a security product, we strongly recommend keeping it up to date. 1Password 4 for Windows was last updated more than 4 years ago. We no longer sell standalone licenses, so updating to 1Password 8 (the current version of 1Password for Windows) would require switching to a 1Password account. We're offering some great deals if you'd like to trade in your standalone license for a 1Password account. To get the ball rolling on that, please email us at support+tradein@1password.com and include a link to this thread.

Jack

• socalstuff
    socalstuff
    Community Member
    Options

its disappointing that no local vault nor stand alone is available :(
    time to find an alternative.

• Hi @socalstuff:

Just to be clear, even with a 1Password account, you can unlock the 1Password app and view your items stored within, even if you don't have internet access. If not having a standalone vault is a dealbreaker for you, stay safe out there when it comes to choosing a password manager, and we'll be here if you'd like to give us another chance in the future.

Jack

• socalstuff
    socalstuff
    Community Member
    Options

its not the cloud storge that a deal breaker, its losing the ability to choose what to store on the cloude and what not!

the key word is COICE taking our ability to choose is a dealbreaker, also having to subscribe after buying a licencekey to virtualy the same thing doesn't feel great at least we should get equivalent to what we spent free subscriptions!

but again not having control of what goes to the cloud and what not is pretty much defat the whole purpose of having full contral to your data!

• Hi @socalstuff:

Thanks for your thoughts on this. While I can't promise anything, we do have a self-hosted survey here: Self-hosted 1Password kick-starter

With that said, the future of 1Password no longer includes standalone vaults, so if that's a dealbreaker to you, I sincerely wish the best when it comes to choosing a password storage solution. Stay safe out there, and we'll be here if you'd like to give us another chance in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.