Support for Dex on Samsung Tablets

swooding
swooding
Community Member

Are there plans to build support for using 1Password when using Samsung Dex?

I appreciate Dex is a niche feature, but there dont appear to even be any real workarounds, other than fully quitting Dex and returning to normal tablet view, which renders 1Password unusable really or Dex unusable !

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Support for Dex on Samsung Tablets

Comments

• Hi @swooding thanks for your question! At this time, our Android development efforts are predominantly focused on the 1Password 8 general access.

You can find a workaround that allows most people to use 1Password with Samsung Dex in our pinned post here:

Let us know if that works for you!

• swooding
    swooding
    Community Member

Hi thanks for the advice, but this doesn't work, I presume lots has changed with Dex since this workaround was suggested.

I was able to change the setting in Developer options but when you try and run 1 Password in Dex mode is says it won't run and that you need to switch back to tablet mode

• Hi @swooding, I've chatted with a couple other Dex users recently and the steps we shared did work for them. I'm sorry to hear that didn't work for you!

For step three, were you in Dex mode prior to opening system settings? If not, you can try repeating those steps but enter Dex mode before opening system settings. Let us know if that makes a difference for you!

• swooding
    swooding
    Community Member

Awesome thanks for this, I had enabled in developer options but not within Dex, the workaround does work now !

Much appreciated thanks!!

• Hi @swooding, apologies for my late reply. Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear that worked!

This discussion has been closed.