website address change

Options
jeffbezos
jeffbezos
Community Member
edited June 2022 in Mac

Here's a fun edge case for the engineering team!

Protonmail recently changed their homepage from protonmail.com to proton.me. Now the autofill detection doesn't work.

I happen to have a bunch of disposable protonmail accounts, which will all need to be manually updated. Have you guys considered a bulk update option?

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi @jeffbezos (/not-jeffbezos), thanks for bringing this up.

Protonmail recently changed their homepage from protonmail.com to proton.me. Now the autofill detection doesn't work.

That's about what we'd expect, and it's 1Password working as intended. The only time we ever want the app to autofill credentials is into a domain that you've specifically authorized. It's a crucial anti-phishing protection, and (I'd argue) one of the major security benefits of the app, is that 1Password can't be convinced to autofill credentials into a website that's kind of like the one you actually want.

However, I can really understand why you wouldn't want to have to go through those items individually to update them, too. I've submitted a request for a bulk edit feature on your behalf. Thanks for letting us know why this would be valuable to you, and I'll be happy to advocate for the idea going forward! We appreciate you offering the suggestion, and letting us know how you'd like 1Password to be better yet. 😃

ref: dev/core/core#6685

• jeffbezos
    jeffbezos
    Community Member
    Options

That makes sense. Thank you!

• Happy to help, @jeffbezos. Best regards from all of us here 😄

This discussion has been closed.