Request: identity agent compatibility with data grip

alfgalf
alfgalf
Community Member
edited May 2022 in SSH

I can't seem to get data grip (https://www.jetbrains.com/datagrip/) SSH tunnelling working with the 1-password identity agent. It has a feature to support identity elements and when I try connect it pops up with a authentication window but then fails to connect.

(Datagrip version: 2021.3.4)

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Is there anything showing in the 1Password logs when you run the SSH command? On macOS that's ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/logs/1Password_rCURRENT.log.

• pedronofuentes
    pedronofuentes
    Community Member

Hi, I don't know if this thread is active or not.

I'm having issues to create the SSH tunnel with DataGrip (and PHPStrom). The app pops an alert saying that it won't be able to connect to the host. Checking its log the error is this:

Authentication using ssh-agent

Unable to connect to ssh-agent: "~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/t/agent.sock" path to socket is incorrect.   

Using ssh-agent during SSH key-based authentication is disabled.

I've tried to create a symlink like ~/.1password-agent.sock or use the real path without ~ but it does not work.

I also checked the 1Password log but nothing happens when DataGrip tries to connect.

Any clue about this? Could be more an IntelliJ issue?

Thanks!

1Password: 8.7.0
    Macos version: 12.3.1
    DataGrip version: 2022.1

• dmir
    dmir
    Community Member

Did you already solve that error? I got exactly the same error with PHPStorm on the latest MacOS. Using the 1Password SSH Agent via iTerm does work nicely but using it with Jetbrains IDEs does fail with the same error from above.

• Thanks for reporting this issue! We will investigate it.

• ppy
    ppy
    Community Member

Any updates on this? Also hitting the same issue.

• floris_1P
    edited August 2022

What's the error message that DataGrip gives if you use a symlink without spaces?

For example:

mkdir -p ~/.1password && ln -s ~/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/t/agent.sock ~/.1password/agent.sock

Host *
      IdentityAgent ~/.1password/agent.sock

• ppy
    ppy
    Community Member
    Unable to connect to ssh-agent: "~/.1password/agent.sock" path to socket is incorrect.   Using ssh-agent during SSH key-based authentication is disabled.

I can confirm that ssh works fine with the modifications you proposed.

• floris_1P
    edited September 2022

There's a setting in Advanced Settings > SSH that may do the trick. Could you try switching that to OpenSSH?

• lsjad
    lsjad
    Community Member

@floris_1P Changing the configuration files parser worked for me, thanks!

FWIW I don't have a symlink to the sock file, and I also have a Include config.d/*.conf line in my config with a non-trivial Host * !some.domain.com !some.other.domain.com kind of setup.

• That's great to hear! @ppy @dmir @pedronofuentes @alfgalf Does this also fix it for you?

• ppy
    ppy
    Community Member

It works, thank you!

• pedronofuentes
    pedronofuentes
    Community Member

It works! 🙌 Thanks @floris_1P 😄

• dmir
    dmir
    Community Member

Works nicely. Thank you very much for the hint!

This discussion has been closed.