Signing into multiple 1password family accounts on the same device

EggsAndAvo
EggsAndAvo
Community Member

I use 1password on a pc that our whole family uses. I tried to sign in on all of our accounts (family accounts) in the app but it said you could only sign in on one account from the same family. I know that I could make different users in windows but we've been using the same user for years so it would take a lot of work to separate them and have to deal with where the files are etc. I did make separate browser accounts and use the extension but using the website really isn't the best experience and it would be great to use windows hello to unlock 1password. So it would be great to have multiple account allowed on one app, I can't see a reason why you can't currently.

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 21H2

Comments

• Hey @EggsAndAvo

I use 1password on a pc that our whole family uses. I tried to sign in on all of our accounts (family accounts) in the app but it said you could only sign in on one account from the same family. I know that I could make different users in windows but we've been using the same user for years so it would take a lot of work to separate them and have to deal with where the files are etc. I did make separate browser accounts and use the extension but using the website really isn't the best experience and it would be great to use windows hello to unlock 1password. So it would be great to have multiple account allowed on one app, I can't see a reason why you can't currently.

First and foremost, I would be glad to pass your feedback on to the team. 1Password Family accounts are meant to separate data from each member. That is why there is a Private and Shared vault by default. The Private vault is not viewable by other members, but other members can see the Shared vault. If more than one person wants access to the same data, a single individual account could be better, depending on the circumstances.

Nonetheless, thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I would be happy to pass it along.

• EggsAndAvo
    EggsAndAvo
    Community Member

I do like all the abilities of a mainly account, what I’m trying to say is, it would be great to have one 1Password app with all the family account on it and make it act like seperate users. Like if you were to add a seperate individual account.

• Hey @EggsAndAvo

I think that sounds like a pretty nifty feature as well. As mentioned above, I would be glad to pass this along. Let me know if you ever have any other questions or suggestions. In the meantime, have a wonderful day! :)

• EggsAndAvo
    EggsAndAvo
    Community Member

Thank you!

• @EggsAndAvo

On behalf of Joshua, thank you again for the suggestion! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.