1Password 8 window position

Iceman803
Iceman803
Community Member

Did I miss something?

How do I tell 1Password 8 to remember my window position and size?

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: 12.4

Comments

• @Iceman803

This is happening in the app with the nightly. I'm not sure about the production release. I'm perpetually on the nightly. Are you asking about the app itself or perhaps the 1Password in the browser pop up?

• Iceman803
    Iceman803
    Community Member

The main app - when I open 1Password, the main window always seems to open in the middle of the screen maybe a third of the screen linearly in height and width - not where I last left it.

• @Iceman803

I gave our issue tracker a look and did not find anything that stood out to me. It sounds like a preference is not being saved. I like to get you over to our email support where they can look at this in a deeper fashion. I'd also like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: Iceman803
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/130351/1password-8-window-position#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Iceman803
    Iceman803
    Community Member

Not sure what I did wrong.

Generated the diagnostic report and initially emailed it to support+mac@1password.com - reread what you said and emailed it to support+forum@1password.com.

Not a squeak out of BitBot though.

• No worries all good. We have it. 😊

ref: DCK-82752-619

• He must be not feeling well today. lol This is his second bad mark as far as replies go.

• Iceman803
    Iceman803
    Community Member

Well, got a message from you guys and switched over to the nightly build (8.8.0 80800116 Nightly) - same problem.

Do you want me to generate another diagnostic report?

Do I need to restart the Mac, or is installing 1Password and letting it restart enough?

• BobW
    BobW
    Community Member

Not sure if this question is just about the main window, but as of v80800119, the Quick Access window also does not remember its position between 1P relaunches. In the case of system password prompts, the 1P window is always force-layered behind them, meaning you have to find an exposed piece of the Quick Access window to grab it with so that you can drag it where you can actually see it. See screenshot, which shows the effect with the keychain access prompt.

• kevellanea
    kevellanea
    Community Member

I will chime in and say that I, too, am experiencing this. I'm using 80701002 on the production channel. Not only does it not remember window positioning, but sizing as well.

• srp
    srp
    Community Member

I'm on 8.8.0 (80800203) and wanted to say 1Password is not saving window positions between reboots in my multi-monitor config. I have 2 4K's above a Macbook 13, and 1PW always opens on the MacBook screen, in the middle, consuming about 50% of the screen. Where I always move it to is the lower left corner of the upper left monitor.

I'd love to see it remember where I put it every time I launch it.

• alphgal
    alphgal
    Community Member

I'd like to confirm that my version of 1Password for Mac (8.8.0) also doesn't remember its window position between reboots, which is a bit annoying. It always starts up in the middle of the screen and I have to move it back to where I like it to sit. It's a minor issue, but it would be great if this could be fixed. Thanks!

• Hi @srp / @alphgal:

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• srp
    srp
    Community Member

Submitted. Support ID: [#PGL-93372-884]

• alphgal
    alphgal
    Community Member

Submitted. Support ID: [#KWY-74757-919]

• Great, thanks!

Jack

ref: KWY-74757-919
    ref: PGL-93372-884